Boundaries are meant to be broken!
At Boundary we’re breaking down the barriers that prevent traditional monitoring tools from being useful for rapidly changing IT environments. We’re non-traditional thinkers; tell us something that is really difficult and we’ll solve it the same day; tell us something that can’t be done and it’s a challenge that we’re ready to meet. We’re building one of the largest, distributed analytics platforms ever and in doing so, we’re going to turn a multi-billion $ market upside down.
Now’s the time to become part of the team; our positions are both highly challenging and rewarding and we need to move fast to keep the momentum building. We offer competitive compensation including stock options, medical insurance, fully discretionary PTO (you decide what you need), lunches brought into the office, fully stocked fridge and offices both in San Francisco and Mountain View.
Send your résumé and portfolio to email@example.com
- Research and identify qualified candidates for open Sales and Engineering positions
- Post job descriptions in various LinkedIn groups, user groups and niche job boards.
- Recruit, screen, schedule, interview, and place candidates
- Manage candidates throughout internal interview process, setting up interviews with internal staff
- Negotiate offer, acceptance and start date with candidates
- Maintain and document candidate communication
- Proactively seek new avenues to attract candidates
- Establish and maintain relationships with a variety of recruiting sources
- Setting up/maintaining candidate tracking databases
- Help to write and maintain job descriptions
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of hiring managers
- Previous recruiting experience in a start up
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Can be trusted with confidential information
Boundary is seeking low level systems engineers to work on our software meter. The Boundary meter collects real-time network traffic from customer hosts and sends summary statistics to the analytics backend once per second. Think of the meter as the leaf node in one of the largest distributed analytics platforms ever built. The meter needs to be supported on a variety of platforms, including the most popular flavors of Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows across a variety of hardware. The meter runs on customer production systems, therefore, it must be secure, stable and fast. Customers rely on the Boundary meter to monitor their infrastructure’s behavior, so above all the meter must be correct. You should have production experience with C or C++ and working knowledge of UNIX systems internals. Experience with Windows, Mac OS X, and networking are a plus. You take pride in writing solid code and are confident running it in uncontrolled customer environments. Your idea of fun is tracking down obscure bugs in glibc, the kernel, and third party drivers sometimes without source code.
Test Automation Engineer
Boundary is seeking a test automation engineer to build out our automated test infrastructure. Boundary is dedicated to being a stable and reliable partner to our customers. It is critical that our software is correct, fast, stable and scalable. Having a state of the art automated testing infrastructure is critical to our ability to deliver software that meets such high standards. You are an engineer first and foremost. When you see a problem, your first instinct is to try and automate that problem away. You have a keen eye for detail and are regarded by others as a perfectionist. You have experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins. Ideally you have run selenium grids and other browser automation utilities. You have a strong command of at least one scripting language. You see your role as empowering an engineering team rather than being at odds with one.
Senior Demand Generation Guru
Boundary is looking for a rock star Senior Demand Generation Guru with 7+ years’ experience in strategic marketing, digital branding, demand generation, marketing automation and lead management for top Enterprise technology brands. The Senior position will be integral to helping elevate the Boundary brand image and drive revenue growth, while delivering critical business process and technology improvements to effectively scale the global Marketing organization. The ideal candidate will collaboratively consult with other marketing and sales leaders to understand Enterprise and mid market buyer pain points, develop targeted campaigns, and generate demand to support business needs while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, programs, and infrastructure. This role is responsible for championing marketing best practices internally and execution of systems and process improvement initiatives that extend across Marketing and Sales. The ideal candidate will have a more than 7 years of experience in B2B IT marketing, marketing systems infrastructure, and best practices for an Enterprise software or Network products market leader. Equally important are solid analytic, process development and project management skills with the ability to revolutionize the marketing operations function. The position will lead worldwide marketing lead generation initiatives and work closely with executive management to coordinate business objectives.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Understand business challenges and opportunities for the Boundary Marketing organization;
- Understand market dynamics and target segments while spearheading campaigns to reach those buyers with compelling campaigns;
- Champion best practices in marketing automation and process optimization;
- Manage global strategic Marketing initiatives
- Implement best practices around audience segmentation, scoring, offer optimization, multi-channel marketing, predictive analytics;
- Evaluate and implement third party solutions to meet the needs of the business;
- Develops a marketing governance process to ensure adherence to Boundary brand messages.
- Work with marketing and sales team to model customer personas, engagement milestones, and buying cycles that shape prospect, nurturing and expansion campaigns;
- Act as an expert and system owner for internal end-to-end Marketing Planning-to-Sales handoff;
- Manage multiple concurrent projects including requirements gathering, solution design and project planning/management;
- Deliver project communications to meet business expectations and deliver on schedule and budget.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Track record for creating, measuring, reporting and improving campaign performance for major Enterprise software or Network technology brands
- Deep understanding of sales process and marketing/sales hand-offs
- Experience working with a broad range of Marketing technologies
- Skilled in business process analysis, requirements gathering, process/solution design and data modeling/design
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic startup environment and willingness to roll up sleeves and pitch in to support the team
- Excellent presentation, writing and receptive listening skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a concise and objective manner
- Team player, able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams
- Ability to work within deadlines and in a fast paced, changing environment
- Track record of success driving revenue for a startup to $300 million company
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related discipline; an MBA or Master’s degree is preferred
Interested in joining a company that is changing the way that companies monitor applications in the cloud? Boundary is well funded with 65+ paying customers in the first 8 months of the product being GA. In place is an experienced Executive team with a track record of building successful companies. At Boundary you will:
- Manage a territory
- Qualify, manage and close deals
- Present web-based demos of our products
- Use Salesforce.com extensively
- Work with Sales Engineers to ensure product acceptance and deep customer satisfaction
- Represent customers with Product Development to ensure continuing product excellence
Desired Skills & Experience
- Have a related college degree or equivalent experience
- Have 5+ years exceptional software sales success (technology sales other than software will be considered)
- Have high energy and substantial business judgment
- Proven success with fast paced transactional sales
- Proven record of success with cold calling and tele-sales
- Proven ability to develop, forecast, and manage your pipeline